This website is strictly for Mr. Anthony "the main man" Chua only. NOBODY can visit this site except for Mr. Anthony "the main man" Chua. Paul Santiago is a tiger who i hate so much! i also hate dexter sherwin ramirez and myron patrimonio and also christian alvise!!! but i love to read books and cross stitch when i have time.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Remembering Cynthia L.





I would like to dedicate this blog to Cynthia Luster, One of the most versatile Asian actress to set foot on the silver action screen. The Japanese native (Yes! She’s a Japanese!) already appeared in over 60 Japanese, Taiwanese, Philippines and Chinese films between 1986 and 1999. Yukari Oshima, or better known as Cynthia Luster made movies like “Millionaire’s Express,” 1986, “Dreaming The Reality,”1991, “The Story of Ricky,” 1992) and featuring prominently in the “girls with guns” (GWG) genre of the late 1980s and early 1990s.

In a filmed interview Yukari described herself as growing up enjoying martial arts movies. As a teenager she trained in goju ryu karate with Master Miki. This traditional, low stance Okinawan form involves rigid, linear strikes, in contrast to the more fluid Shaolin-influenced Chinese styles. Her distinctive fighting style has also included skillful use of traditional weapons forms. She acquired impressive proficiency with staff techniques!

Films like “Once Upon A Time In Manila,” 1994, “Pintsik,” 1994, “Tapang Sa Tapang,” 1997 were filmed here in the Philippines. I remember watching these movies after school and imitating her every move!

Source: www.brns.com

Luckily, I had the chance to interview her before she went back to her home town of Fukuoka, Japan.

Me: Good Afternoon Ms. Luster

CL: Goodah apternoon also toyo.

Me: Before anything else, I would like to thank you for giving me this privilege of having an interview with you.

CL: Datz no frovlem. Me like Pilipinos. Dats whey I stayed hurr for a numver of yers.

Me: ummm…I’m actually embarrassed to ask you these questions but I really have to.

CL: Datz oki. Goh ahed and askz.

Me: Ummm…So you really are a Japanese and not a Chinese?

CL: Hai! Bhut I hab no careers in Japan so I managed to hab one in Hong Kong and Taiwan

Me: What’s your real Chinese name anyway?

CL: DAI-DO Yu-Kar-Lei

Me: So what’s up with the Cynthia Luster thing? Why Cynthia and why Luster?

CL: Actwaly, I don’t know…My manyager and taleynt agent geyb meh dat name because my Japanese name doesn’t sound layk an martial artist.

Me: Ah ok. Did you enjoy making films here in the Philippines?

CL: oohuhuhuhuhu! Hai! Berry mush! I became a comdien also. I em not used to beeeing a laughing person becoz I em used to kicking.

Me: That’s logical. Final Question Ms. Luster…Choose between the two, Vic Sotto or Ronnie Rickets?

CL: oohuhuhuhuhu! I leyk dem booth. But I remember Vic Sohttoh to be berry phunny. I leyk Vic!

Me: That’s cool. Thank you very much for your time Ms. Luster. I hope you can make more movies here.

CL: yoh are welcome Anthony San! I can’t make mobies hir anymore becoz ehm going to Japan to shoot a commercial wit Green 2 for Apple iPod Mini.

Me: Wonderful!


Here are some pictures of Cynthia during her Movie Glory Days.

















Long Live Cynthia Luster!


5 Comments:

Blogger FollenKollen said...

I love it.... thanks alot chu the man... you made my day...

or should I say... thanks to Cynthia Luster...

1:29 AM

 
Blogger master CHU said...

pansinin nyo yung picture ng lalaki sa taas na may hawak na baril. Clean cut pero SOLID yung side burns!

1:50 AM

 
Blogger Nick Ballesteros said...

Ang galeng Chu the Man! Na-miss ko tuloy si Cynthia Luster! At kwela talaga yung stop-motion photos mo! Napa-ROTFL ako!

2:20 AM

 
Blogger dessa girl said...

buwahahahahahaha!!! ehehehehehe!!! 80's ng mukha niya!!! crush niya si vic sotto!!!! harharhahrharhr!!!

4:42 AM

 
Blogger master CHU said...

ipopost ko minsan yung jersey ko na Cynthia Luster!!!!

5:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home